Tuesday 25 May 2010

November - January (4th - 6th Month)

Air travel
I finally got to go to India. I liked the beautiful colors and lights of Christmas trees in the airport. I was initially so energetic about the travel, seeing lights all over, and then the experience of the take off, landing etc. It was completely action packed for me.

I got a nice companion who just days older than me, sitting next to me. I liked to talk to him, but he was in his own world. I was given a warm welcome and some toys, I loved it.

By the time, we reached Dubai and were to take off, my energy started draining and I wanted to get out soon. Finally, we reached Bangalore, unaware of the action to come in few days. I got a wonderful welcome at Goutham Mama's place. He, Satya atte and dodda together had decorated a room for my arrival with teddy's and toys and little net, and ballons. It was sooo cute. My mother didn't take a picture of it. She should have taken one, I will excuse her because they were sleepy too.

Naming Ceremony
The day slowly unfolded as Mama was planning for a naming ceremony for me and started inviting people, arranging the location and dates and so on. As papa spoke to dadaji, he heard that Bua was going to undergo ceaserean the same day. (Bua delivered a baby boy, named Darsh midday. )Then, there were confusions, and the plan for my naming ceremony was cancelled. Again a round of phone calls. By evening, after some bric-brac, it was decided to continue with the naming ceremony on Sunday and then reach Jodhpur on Monday. Again, phone calls were made.

Despite all odds, my naming ceremony was fine and many people gathered. As usual I loved the attention given to me by so many granny's, aunties and cousins. I didn't find anyone very close to me though. :) I managed to get through the ritual and be happy despite all the new things and surroundings.

Jodhpur, Mundan
Monday early morning we left to Jodhpur to see Dada, Dadi and Bua. I was flanked by the crowd in Jodhpur. I met Dada, Dadi for the first time. And even Floppy was interested in me. We went and saw bua and Darsh. Days started unfolding and due to the heat, I got rashes all over. After 11 days, dadaji arranged for a havan in his house, and the same day was decided to have the Mundan ritual, so that later my head can be shaved off. I liked everything about the havan, but was scared to go to the barber's hand where he cut a tiny bit of my hair. There was a party arranged and I liked going to different people.

New Delhi
Soon, papa was to go back to UK, leaving me n mom at Jodhpur. We went with him to New Delhi to see Lovely mausi and Gagan mausa. I liked to be with them. Bala naani gave me a nice winter dress. I was very happy to be with all of them. Lovely mausi gave me a nice jacket.

Udupi/Mangalore
After coming back to Bangalore, I was taken to Udupi, Mangalore, my mothers native town. I enjoyed being driven in the car, went to Subramanya, then Prema dodda's house, and then to Kavita atte's house. Next morning after visiting many temples and Krishna matha in Udupi, we went to Maddu maamajja's house and then to Baby dodda's. I was welcomed nicely and everyone loved to see me there. I also enjoyed the cats, cows and the village surroundings. Soon we came back to Bangalore.

Bangalore
We stayed in Bangalore sometimes in our house in HSR and sometimes in Maama's place. We went to Hema periyamma's house and I loved being there. I was given traditional oil bath, which was new to me and was scared of it. I met many some friends of my parents like Nimmi auntie, Suganthi auntie, Lokesh uncle, Srini uncle, Kami uncle etc. I could not meet many of them though.

At this side, papa was alone battering the cold weather of UK. I soon came back to Norwich on January 14th. We had a small celebration on Sankranthi where different things were poured on me. Vijay macha and Vinayak chacha came to see me.


Activities
I have started to move forward on my tummy and I have taken a liking to doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment